Thursday, January 14, 2010

"He's Just Not That Into You & Teething"


I bought this book, written by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo, under false pretenses. Okay, so maybe not, but I thought this book would be like the movie. I heard the movie was a great chick flick. Had no clue that this book was a compilation of Q&A. I was sorely disappointed, but since it was only 3 CD's (a total of 4 hours), I gave it a whirl.

It was actually a wee bit enlightening despite the fact that I found it absolutely hilarious that women as ridiculous as these women sounded were actually writing in to ask, "Greg, I met a man 2 weeks ago, but he has not called. Should I call him? Is he into me?" You fool. What's surprising is that I felt myself answering the questions before Greg even got there.

The book wasn't as cheesy as it sounds. There were actual legit excuses that we women tend to make for men. "He's not into family so he hasn't met mine...even though it's been 2 years," or, "But I really like him when he's drunk, even though I've rarely seen him sober." C'mon now. I can't say that I haven't made an excuse for a guy. I think part women innately do this because we want to give men the benefit of the doubt. I think the biggest reason we do this, however, is that we are too afrad to assert ourselves. Ya know, stand up for what we want, heck, what we need, and what is right. As I was listening to this book, it really made me think about somethings. Though I don't think every situation is as black and white as Greg says it is, I do think he is pretty darn accurate. I mean, he is a guy after all. Let's not waste the pretty ladies!

Anywho...
This is what I remember of my son's smile. No teeth. No morning breath. No miniature teeth to brush (with great resistance).

This was about 6 months ago. Ain't he cute? Yea, well this what that gummy little smile turned into...
And this wasn't even that bad ('Scuse the jacked polish job on my nail). Not too much fussiness. Just wanting to chew on his teething ring (his "chew toy" as my imbecile brother put it).
Fast forward, oooh, 3 months...
...and this is what we have. 4 teeth (bottom 2 not pictured). Cute, but do you know what we WENT THROUGH just to get those 4 teeth??? I will never for the life of me understand how in the WORLD a child gets so stinkin sick from TEETH! I get the crankiness, whininess, yada yada yada. Heck, I have a wisdom tooth that has been kicking my tail off and on for years now and when it starts to hurt, I want nothing more than to be held...or lay in my bed all day. But I mean the diarrhea every 10 minutes, the boogers, the coughing. All for some TEETH? Someone rationalize this for me please! All in all he has the cutest smile I've ever seen. Now if only the rest of those turkeys would come through!

1 comment: